Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Well, They Say Twins Run in Families

So maybe there are two George Bushes (in fact, there could be the yelling, angry one and the laughing-like-Butthead, jokey one--we've seen both at the debates). That might explain this:

Presidential Press Conference, March 13, 2002
QUESTION: Do you believe the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?
BUSH: As I say, we hadn't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, you know, again, I don't know where he is.

I'll repeat what I said: I truly am not that concerned about him.


Third Presidential Debate, October 13, 2004
KERRY: Yes. When the president had an opportunity to capture or kill Osama bin Laden, he took his focus off of them, outsourced the job to Afghan warlords, and Osama bin Laden escaped.
Six months after he said Osama bin Laden must be caught dead or alive, this president was asked, Where is Osama bin Laden? He said, I don't know. I don't really think about him very much. I'm not that concerned.
We need a president who stays deadly focused on the real war on terror.
SCHIEFFER: Mr. President?
BUSH: Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations.

Even better, in that 2002 press conference Bush said: "And the idea of focusing on one person is really -- indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission. Terror's bigger than one person."

What he left out was, well, it's not bigger than Saddam.

The sad part is if Bush is secretly twins, both are evil.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker