Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Swanson Remains the Same

Friday is the 39th birthday of Kristy Swanson, who is sort of the George Lazenby of the Buffyverse. (I know that gets the timing wacky--I'm not saying Sarah Michelle Gellar is the Roger Moore of Bondania [is there a Bond world one-word term? Bondistan?], so save the comments. I don't mean to shake or stir things up; I'm just jossing with you.)Swanson's greatest moment since slaying Teutonic Blond Bad Boy Rutger Hauer (he once ripped Jennifer Jason Leigh in two, the bastard, and I don't care if it was only in a movie) was winning "Skating with Celebrities." She might not be a celebrity, but she played one on the show along with Todd Bridges and Debby, er, fellow Playboy spreader Deborah Gibson--we're talking top drawer talent here. Not only did Swanson win the contest, she won her partner, proving you can be hot on ice--Lloyd Eisler left his wife for her.Who can blame him--she had dated David Spade.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kidicarus222 said...

I'll go with Bondsylvania.

Personally, I would have liked it if Kristy Swanson played a bad lady on Buffy proper. Or a corpse. Something along those lines.

WV: "spolo," which I think is a new Volkswagen vehicle.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Rickey said...

Hmmmm, Kristy Swanson, still quite fetching.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Ben Varkentine said...

That last season of Angel, when they wanted to have Buffy come back for an episode but couldn't make it work with SMG--I was pushing *hard* for the idea that Kristy Swanson should've been given the part.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very nice article.Thanks for sharing the post..!
Microstrategy Online Training

MSBI Online Training

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker