Thursday, May 29, 2008

Burn This!

Here's hoping this doesn't get too titillating, but to keep abreast of history we must recognize the supposed 119th anniversary of the brassiere. Invented by the same person who created the Lays Potato Chip, the original ad line was "Bet You Can't Support Just One!" Sorry, just being a boob, there. Many different over the top stories about the origin of said undergarment exist, but few hold up; trying to determine when the corset morphed into a girdle and bra is as difficult as trying to figure out exactly how and why Uncle Tupelo became Wilco and Son Volt, not to mention trying to figure out if Jay Farrar is the bra and Jeff Tweedy is the girdle or vice versa is just plain weird, an area into which I prefer not to plunge. I do want to warn you to watch the possible confusion between brassiere and brasserie, and I don't just mean the words. So without padding this any further, let's just say today's comments flopped and I just can't stop it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger ahab said...

This sags noticably toward the end.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Generik said...

I believe you should nip this in the bud. Either that or milk it for all it's worth.

1:36 PM  
Blogger nobody's fool said...

I could swear you did a twisted history on this event last year or the year before...

I'd type a witty boob-related line here, but I'm flat out of wit. Actually, I'm just flat.

6:45 AM  
Blogger George said...

My mammary, uh memory isn't that good, so I went looking for boobs, and sure enough, I've got breasts on the brain. I hadn't put a titty in the twisted history wringer, as far as I could find with a search, but I have considered les boobs at the Moulin Rouge, joked about boobs to mess with my postgrad rating for INOTBB, wondered how opening a Hooter's in Vegas is not similar to wearing a bikini to a nude beach, made a passing reference to Katie Holmes' probable loose ways given her nude scene in The Gift, discussed how Lindsay Lohan had to be not so fully loaded in her Herbie movie back in her pre-meltdown days, and then considered the all important and totally distracting breasts of justice.

That's a lot of gush about the girls, no?

10:39 AM  
Blogger ahab said...

It sure beats lactose intolerance.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker