Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Batteries Not Included

After the election I couldn’t quite laugh at fuckthesouth.com, although I needed to laugh at something. Instead I just turned up the volume on Drive-By Truckers. I do feel blue, though, that I don’t get their NASCAR song.

And now there's this from Reuters via the CNN Money site (odd, but then not odd): "The U.S. Supreme Court rejected on Tuesday a constitutional challenge to an Alabama law that makes it a crime to sell sex toys. "

That's right, maybe Alabama is red in the face as its pink is dildon't.

I mean, Clarence Thomas is on the Supreme Court and the justices can't give a shout-out for masturbatory aids? If someone sells Bill O'Reilly a loofah in Mobile, can they go to jail?

And you have to love (but not love) this qualification: the law exempted sales of sexual devices "for a bona fide medical, scientific, educational, legislative, judicial or law enforcement purpose." If you can't make up a good excuse with all those possibilities, you don't deserve to play with yourself in the first place (or the second place). I have to admit I'm stumped (no pun intended) what the law enforcement purpose of a vibrator might be. Although I am afraid folks at Abu Ghraib have ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker