Saturday, October 30, 2004

With a Goose in their Step

And the Bush camp tries out Triumph of the Will - On Stage! in Florida:

"I want you to stand, raise your right hands," and recite "the Bush Pledge," said Florida state Sen. Ken Pruitt. The assembled mass of about 2,000 in this Treasure Coast town about an hour north of West Palm Beach dutifully rose, arms aloft, and repeated after Pruitt: "I care about freedom and liberty. I care about my family. I care about my country. Because I care, I promise to work hard to re-elect, re-elect George W. Bush as president of the United States."

Thanks to Josh Marshall for spotting this scarier-than-Halloween-deserves moment. Be sure to read all his fine al Qaqaa entries, too, if you have the time and follow the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker