Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Random Ten

That Dog "I'm Gonna See You" Retreat from the Sun
Sonic Youth "Eliminator Jr." Daydream Nation
Tommy Keene "Love Is a Dangerous Thing" Sleeping on a Roller Coaster
Brian Woodbury "Get Wise" Time for a Change--Bar/None Sampler #2
Neo Pseudo "Little Red Book" Laughing Symbols No So No
Menahan Street Band "The Traitor" Make the Road by Walking
Richard Buckner "Boys, the Night Will Bury You" Since
David Byrne "Just the Motion" Beat the Retreat: Songs by Richard Thompson
The Hold Steady "Chips Ahoy!" Boys and Girls in America
Youssou N'Dour "Country Boy" Eyes Open

bonus
Tom Waits "The Fall of Troy" Dead Man Walking

I guess I say a bit all over every week, and while this hits world, it avoids jazz, classical, etc. But there are some obscurities, aren't there. Such as a shout out to State College, PA circa 1990.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

1. Give Me Novacaine - Green Day
2. Quicksand Jesus - Skid Row (woa...this is on my iPod???)
3. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes - Paul Simon
4. Alternative Girlfriend - BNL
5. These Are The Days - Jamie Cullum
6. Just Like A Woman - Cleveland Fats (I *have* to get this Cleveland Fats off of my iPod...his blues bores the living shit out of me...think of steroetypical guitar-driven blues. This is him. Zzzzzzz)
7. Wish - NIN
8. Withour a Face - Rage Against The machine
9. Requiem, K 626; Lacrymosa - W.A. Mozart
10. It Takes Two - Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock (WOW...old school blast from my past!)

All in all this was a pretty meh Friday Random 10.

I do like David Byrne. Every time I am on iTunes, I keep meaning to download stuff.

11:00 AM  
Blogger E-6 said...

1. "I Spy" Pulp A Different Class
2. "Mambo Sun" T Rex Electric Warrior
3. "Femme Fatale" Big Star Third / Sister Lovers
4. "Blow Your Tuneless Trumpet" The Mekons The Mekons Rock and Roll
5. "I Summon You" Spoon Gimme Fiction
6. "Tonight" The Big Pink A Brief History of Time
7. Always Crashing in the Same Car" David Bowie Low
8. "I Wanna Love Him So Bad" The Jelly Beans The Best Of The Girl Groups V
9. "Girl" The Beatles Rubber Soul
10. "Don't Ask Why" My Bloody Valentine Glider EP
bonus: "Sad Cadillac" Red Red Meat Bunny Gets Paid

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Freealonzo said...

1. How Are You - Cheap Trick
2. Sugarlight - X
3. Oh Lucinda - The Only Ones
4. This Has Gotta Be a Joke - Hypstrz
5. Said the People - Dinosaur Jr.
6. ELT - Wilco
7. Bright Lights, Big City - High Spirits
8. Man of the World - Fleetwood Mac
9. Brothers on a Hotel Bed - Death Cab for Cutie
10. Stop Your Sobbing - The Pretenders

Bonus -- Lead Me, Guide Me - Elvis Presley

1:21 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Ok, it's Saturday, but I thought you were off this week:

PJ Harvey, "The Letter," Uh Huh Her
Okkervil River, "So Come Back, I'm Waiting," Black Sheep Boy
Brian Jonestown Massacre, "#1 Hit Jam," Tepid Peppermint Wonderland
Joe Henry, "Civilians," Civilians
Califone, "Stepdaughter," Quicksand/Cradlesnakes
Cotton Jones, "Some Strange Rain," Paranoid Coccoon
Iron & Wine, "Flightless Bird, American Mouth," The Shepherd's Dog
Badly Drawn Boy, "Year of the Rat," One Plus One Is One
Wilco, "Candyfloss (alternative version)," Summerteeth
Brian Jonestown Massacre, "Swallowtail (live)," TPW

Bonus: Califone, "Alice Crawley," [Roots & Crowns]

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker