Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Random Ten

Graham Parker "Guardian Angels" Struck by Lightning
Elvis Costello "Interlude: Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 2" Mighty Like a Rose
Television "Friction" Marquee Moon
John Wesley Harding "Come Gather Round" Why We Fight
Victoria Williams "Tarbelly and Featherfoot" Swing the Statue
Stephin Merritt "Sorry, Wrong Show" Showtunes
T Bone Burnett "Any Time at All" The Criminal Under My Own Hat
Elvis Costello & the Attractions "Tears Before Bedtime" Imperial Bedroom
Elvis Costello & Steve Nieve "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself" Live at the Troubadour
Mahlathini & the Mahotella Queens "Safa Indlada" Paris--Soweto

bonus
Drive-By Truckers "The Opening Act" Brighter than Creation's Dark

iTunes sure got Costello obsessed this week. I mean, 21,027 songs and three Costellos. Still, Imperial Bedroom is one of my favorite albums. And Television adds some sparks. OK list.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Black – Pearl Jam
2. Motor City is Burning – MC5
3. Wart Hog – The Ramones
4. Blue Monk – Art Blakely
5. Goodbye Babe – The Castaways
6. Do You Think It’s Alright? – The Who
7. She Walks on Me – Hole
8. Birds You Cannot See – The Handsome Family
9. Unleased! The Largeheaded Boy – Guided By Voices
10. Stay Away From Heaven – Yo La Tengo

Bonus: Uncle John's Band - Grateful Dead

Kind of a music snob’s wet dream: obscure faves like Yo La Tengo and GBV, ironic non-hits from Pearl Jam and Hole, jazz and garage rock classics, and the Ramones.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

21,000+ songs in your library? Geez, Louise! I have about a tenth that.

9:47 AM  
Blogger ahab said...

Martha Wainwright, "Niger River" I Know You’re Married But I Have Needs Too
Martha Wainwright, "Factory" Martha Wainwright
David Byrne, "The Accident" Look Into the Eyeball
Emily Sparks, "Midnight Rendezvous" What Could Not Be Buried
Bob Dylan, "I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine" John Wesley Harding
Johnny Dowd, "Corner Laundromat" Cruel Words
Teddy Thompson, "Slippery Slope" A Piece of What You Need
Ryan Adams, "Everybody Knows" Easy Tiger
Jason Collett, "Not Over You" Here’s to Being Here
Damien Jurado, "Abilene" Where Shall You Take Me?

Bonus: Cat Power, "Sweedeedee" The Covers Record

Kicking off with one of Martha's worst songs, then one of her best.

I'm gaining on you, George, after a six-month buying spree -- 11,140 songs. I could probably get upwards of 15,000 with worthy older stuff if I could get motivated to rip it in.

But before I get around to that I think I have to go back and re-rip everything in Apple Lossless format, which I just learned about a few days ago. Did that exist last year or two years ago when I put in 891 freaking albums? Please tell me it came out in one of the incessant recent iTunes updates.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker