Thursday, October 02, 2008

I ♥ Hicks

OK, the title is a cheap shot, especially as I come to praise brother Ralph Stanley. For he's cut a radio ad that's running in southwest Virginia--where he's lived his whole 82 years--supporting Obama. One of the father's of bluegrass, he supports Barrack Obama. True, he's been a Democratic supporter since his first vote for Harry Truman, but still, this has to pull weight in Appalachia. I mean, we're talking about a guy who named his son Ralph II.

Here's part of what Stanley says (hear it all here):

Howdy, friends. This is Ralph Stanley, and I think I know a little something about the families around here...

...and after the last eight years - I know we all need a change.

Nobody's looking for a handout, but we could use a leader that’s on our side.

That leader is Barack Obama.

Can't wait for the bumper sticker: Banjo pickers for Barack.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Cool. Did he dedicate a heartfelt rendition of "Oh, Death" to McCain?

4:27 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

"Banjo pickers for Obama"

You think that's funny, a friend of mine at the Democratic National Convention saw a couple people holding signs that said: "Rednecks for Obama"

My friend said these folks dressed the part too.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker