Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Basho Wasn't a Dwarf but These Haiku Are

Ben Varkentine tagged me with a meme that requires poetry, if a mere 17 syllables of it at a time. You have to write about films, and you have to write 4 poems from the following genre-centered list:

comedy
horror
musical
obscurity
comic book or animated movie
drama

Luckily I was out of town when he tagged me. Then I got back and was busy. Then I ran out of excuses. So here goes nothing:

All truth is awful
A marriage melts, Cary Grant
Irene Dunne aren't done

Family values kills
Imperfect family spills blood
That's one tall birdhouse

Charisse's legs long
Lovely lithe limber likely
Yes Fred Astaire stares

When screws animate
You're screwed or a poor puppet
Cypher of desire

I'm not going to tag anyone, but I will open the comments to a quick quiz: can you name any/all of these films? In order they are: 1) a comedy, 2) a horror film, 3) a musical (OK, several answers apply), 4) an obscurity that's also animated (and a short, for some extra help).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben Varkentine said...

1) The Awful Truth

2) I want to say Texas Chainsaw, but I don't know how the birdhouse fits in.

3) The Band Wagon?

4)...Is it one of the shorts nicely toasted by the boys at MST?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Is 2 The Stepfather?

I'm thinking because Shelly Hack cuts down the birdhouse at the end.

"Wrong number" could've worked in there too, right?

3:49 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

Stumped.

7:07 AM  
Blogger George said...

Ben is correct re: 1 and 3. Mike is correct re: 2. Smitty is correct re: he's stumped.

So #4 is left. I don't think it ever made it to MST3K. It's made by Americans who live in London and do Czech-style animation, in this case from a Polish writer's short story.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker