Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Where Will You Blog Eternity

You see, there's this problem...I write for my job and my second job (and assorted third and beyond jobs), so sometimes I can't write specifically for you all, at least not the special things you deserve and expect, with all the appropriate inappropriateness, wacky non-sequiturs, cutting left-wing ranting, and more clauses and parentheticals than a grammarian would care to shake her chalk at. (There's a not-so-hidden grammar taunt right there.) I want to review The House of Blue Leaves at the Mark Taper, which we saw Sunday, and now tomorrow we go back to LA, since gas is under $4 a gallon again and the economy is swimming (in petrol products, or perhaps just Republican lies). For tomorrow night we go to the Troubadour, rock history itself, to see Built to Spill play Perfect from Now On in its entirety in order. I haven't done any of these entirety-order-get-your-cult's-nostalgia-cash shows yet, so that will certainly be worth an entry.

In the meantime, this post isn't here: but you did want to know about Beer v. Wine--This Time It's Dinner, didn't you?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rickey said...

Great article. Rickey's more of a beer man than a wine fiend, but the idea of coconut shrimp and a glass of rose does sound interesting. Nothing will ever sway Rickey from his pairing of beer and sushi however.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Built To Spill show sounds real cool. I hope you have time to review.

Tonight the Plastic People of The Universe are playing in my fair City. I'd love to go see them but my daughter's school open house is tonight and I missed last year's and the wife was mad. So I'm going to that instead.

I think that is the definition of middle age: Missing your one chance to see the Plastic People of the Universe play only 5 miles from your home because you have to go to your daughter's high school open house.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Chryss said...

...Yum, peaches and Big Box Brown...

10:13 AM  
Blogger George said...

Rickey, thanks. True, I tend to beer for sushi, but a good pinot noir with more straight ahead nigiri works, and champagne does for some of the more involved rolls as log as they aren't too spicy. Just for something different.

Free, since we are DINKs, our definition of middle age is slightly different. It's pretending we're still young enough to drive 90 miles each way to a show and not feel it. I guess for that Plastic People show you'll have to take a rain Czech. (sorry)

10:19 AM  
Blogger George said...

uh, that's long not log....

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker