Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Lies, Lies, and More Republicans

Amy is trying to kill me. She has the Republican convention on the TV and it's totally bizarro world as Mitt Romney rallies the troops with a litany of what's horrible about liberals. In this list, he first calls the Supreme Court, led by noted Red John Roberts, liberal--it coddles "Guantanamo terrorists." How Romney knows everyone there is guilty is beyond me (perhaps it's some Mormon superpower). Second on the list for the evils of the world after terrorists, and I wish I was making this up--teachers' unions. (Romney did just cinch Wendy McCaw's vote for the Republicans, if nothing else.)

Then there's this, he calls the Democrats the party of Big Brother. I guess he missed the past 7 years of the Bush White House wiping its ass with the Bill of Rights.

And I run into our office, stick my fingers in my ears, and say LALALALA as loud as possible. Can the Republicans even begin to have an honest debate on things?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

The thing that struck me watching what little I did of the Republican convention was how much the Republican party is truly a party of the past. They continue to trot out the same old, same old tired economic ideas, continue to remind us of their glory days surrounding 9/11, and then they trot out this... this.... this.... woman who has little or nothing to bring to the table and isn't remotely qualified for the position she aspires to hold. And I'm sorry, when you're running as VP with a 72-year-old guy with known health issues, that's a very important consideration. I mean, could you IMAGINE her running the country with the, uh, "First Dude?," as her husband is known in Alaska? Gimme an effing break.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You forgot the one of the best parts -- where Romney said that the deficit was liberal... yup all that money the Bush administration is spending on the two wars it continues to fight... LIBERAL! wow. I didn't know the war was liberal.

Besides, I thought I was helping you.. it gave you something to blog about!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker