Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dems All, Folks

I want to be upbeat, so I'm calling it a provention. Not watching all of it, of course, as it's show for show's sake, of course, not to mention the Terrific Televisual Stage and Land of Light-o-Rama makes me nervous--we might just wind up with Bob Barker or Wink Martindale as president (Trebek is Canadian, so he's out).

That said, here's some random notes:
  • Michelle Obama just nailed it Monday, and now I know that if her husband wins I will be even more disappointed when the actual governing happens. I hate when they toy with my better nature like that. I almost forget it's politics.
  • I missed Hillary last night, but I'm glad to hear she did just fine. I like, "No way. No how. No McCain." Of course, the press will still on and on about how her legions aren't into Obama no matter what she does. I mean, reality just gets in the way of their stories.
  • If one more person says we have to stop our addiction to "foreign" oil I'm going to scream. We don't need to be xenophobic about petroleum. Even oil from the good ole U.S. of A. is a problem. You see, ours runs out, too. (There are even rumors it has something to do with global warming.)
  • My favorite bit so far, with a hat tip to FiveThirtyEight, comes from Ted Strickland of Ohio: "You know it was once said that the first George Bush, he was born on third base and thought he hit a triple. Well with the 22 million new jobs and the budget surplus that Bill Clinton left behind, George W. Bush came into office on third base...and then he stole second."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

I can't wait to see what bombs Biden drops tonight.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Rickey said...

I mean, reality just gets in the way of their stories

Yep. They really are a foreign entity with their own agenda.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker