Thursday, December 27, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Pavement "Trigger Cut/Wounded Kite at :17" Slanted & Enchanted: Luxe & Deluxe
The Clash "(White Man) in Hammersmith Palais" Clash on Broadway
Louis Armstrong "The Home Fire" What a Wonderful World
Arturo Sandoval "Guantanamera" For Love or Country
Neko Case "Runnin' Out of Fools" Blacklisted
The Elected "The Miles 'til Home" Me First
Sleater-Kinney "One Beat" One Beat
Elvis Costello "Please Stay" The Kojak Variety
The Buzzcocks "Promises" Singles Going Steady
Graham Parker & the Rumour "Hold Back the Night" Passion Is No Ordinary Word--The Graham Parker Anthology (1976-1991)

bonus
R.E.M. "Sitting Still" Murmur

Fine 1-2 to kick off, lots of good artists, and a Graham Parker I actually have on a 4-song 45 ep and have loved for a long time. And unlike most everyone my age, there's R.E.M., which doesn't leave me dreamy. Listening to it now, it's not so bad, but I still don't understand the fuss.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hilton said...

All stuff I acquired in 2007:

Shriekback - Glory Bumps
Jorge Ben - Ponta da Lance African
Sleater-Kinney - One Song for You
Cibo Matto - Le Pain Perdu
Mulatu Astatqe - From All the Time I Have Passed
Hüsker Dü - Too Far Gone
Ultravox - My Sex
Roky Erickson - Two-Headed Dog (Red Temple Prayer)
Sonics - Don't You Just Know It
Love & Rockets - Kundalini Express

10:00 AM  
Blogger Tessitura said...

Wow tom I have not heard anyone mention Shriekback in a long time...I used to listen to them a bunch when I was younger...you've got some other good ones in there too

11:56 AM  
Blogger ahab said...

Lambchop, "Shucks" What Another Man Spills
Patti Smith, "Paths that Cross" Dream of Life
The Beatles, "Within You Without You" Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club
Simon Joyner & the Fallen Men, "The Only Living Boy in Omaha" Skeleton Blues
Neko Case, "Thrice All American" Furnace Room Lullaby
Silver Jews, "New Orleans" Starlite Walker
Adam Green, "Carolina" Gemstones
Mark Lanegan & Isobel Campbell, "It’s Hard to Kill a Bad Thing" Ballad of the Broken Seas
Count Basie, "Lester Leaps In" Ken Burns Jazz
Langhorne Slim, "I Aint Proud" When the Sun’s Gone Down

Bonus: Mick Harvey, "The Ticket Puncher" Pink Elephants

I'll have to check out Sleater-Kinney, all you kids are listening to it.

George, I was never so wild over REM either, but I did really like Murmur. Most of the rest of their CDs I bought too, but they were always more of a radio band to me.

As for my list this week, every track's a keeper. Yay, iTunes.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Tom Hilton said...

Tessitura, Shriekback is one of my favorite bands from that era. This is from a more recent album--they went silent for nearly 10 years and then finally released a couple of albums in the last 3-4 years.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Welcome to the Working Week - Elvis Costello
2. Into Your Arms - Lemonheads
3. In This House That I Call Home - X
4. Benchseat Baby - Fred Eaglesmith
5. What Keeps Mankind Alive - Tom Waits
6. Non-Absorbing - Guided by Voices
7. You Can Have it All - Yo La Tengo
8. Do You Thint It's Alright? - The Who
9. Bitchin' Camero - Dead Milkmen
10. Not This Time - Mika Pauley

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker