Thursday, December 20, 2007

Friday Random Holiday Ten

Peter Tork, Mickey Dolenz, and David Jones "Christmas Is My Time of Year" T.V. Family Christmas
Duke Ellington & His Orchestra "Jingle Bells" What a Wonderful Christmas
Vince Guaraldi "The Christmas Song" A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Blind Boys of Alabama featuring Aaron Neville "Joy to the World" Go Tell It on the Mountain
The Blue Hawaiians "Christmas on Big Island" Christmas on Big Island
Louis Armstrong "Christmas Night in Harlem" Hispters' Holiday
Throwing Muses "Santa Claus" Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Xmas
Glenn Miller "Silver Bells" In the Christmas Mood
Vince Guaraldi "O Tannebaum" A Charlie Brown Christmas
Vince Guaraldi "Skating" A Charlie Brown Christmas

bonus
James Brown "Sweet Little Baby Boy, Parts 1 & 2" Funky Christmas

That's a lot of Charlie Brown, and I like that CD. Still, certainly proves there's a range of holiday music out there. I'll try to get to a top ten non-random holiday list closer to the day itself.

And I'm loading early as I'm busy busy at work tomorrow. Yes, the day before the Christmas break I'm busy, when everyone else leaves at 3. It's the coal in my work stocking, I guess.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger ahab said...

Cat Power, "Evolution" You Are Free
Lucinda Williams, "Ventura" Live @ The Fillmore
Rod Stewart, "Reason to Believe" Every Picture Tells a Story
Kristin Hersh, "Echo" Sky Motel
Ida, "Drunk Aviator" Ten Small Paces
Giant Sand, "Shiver" Chore of Enchantment
East River Pipe, "Times Square Go-Go Boy" Shining Hours in a Can
My Bloody Valentine, "Touched" Loveless
Beth Orton, "Blood Red River" Central Reservation
Bob Dylan, "Everything is Broken" Oh Mercy

Special Christmas Triple Bonus:
The Flaming Lips, "A Change at Christmas (Say it Isn’t So)"
The Handsome Family, "So Much Wine"
Ed Harcourt, "In the Bleak Midwinter"

I actually also like a Rufus Wainwright Xy song, but I won't use it since Mary put it on her list, which we may post later in your non-random thread. I know you know the Handsome Family song, George, but my other two bonuses are great too. They and the Wainwright track are all on the same CD, which I'll find and name for you if you're interested.

11:52 AM  
Blogger George said...

Ahab, sure I'm curious if it's not too much of a bother. And Mary should post away, definitely.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

No time to be random today, so I'll just say happy holidays with my favorite Christmas song couplet:

Sweet baby Jesus, give me luck at the tables
There's a star above the manger tonight

Red Red Meat, "There's a Star above the Manger Tonight"

4:16 PM  
Blogger ahab said...

George, my bonus songs plus the Wainwright from Mary's list are from "Mojo Blue Christmas," which came bundled with the magazine and is probably not available. I'll get you a copy before next year.

4:16 PM  
Blogger ahab said...

Marty, I missed your comment yesterday. Happy holidays, aces all around.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker