Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ear of the Pig

INOTBB has to offer up a huge thanks to Ahab from IIRTZ for his musical care package of 9 CDs (see there is music I don't own) including Sparklehorse, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Lee Hazlewood, Johnny Dowd, Damien Jurado, and a Richard Buckner I didn't have. The internets are a very very kind place.

And while I'm thanking people for music I have to say thanks to Cattie for the mixed CD that introduced me to what the cool 17-year-olds are listening to. Once again, there's so much I don't know. Have a great time in Norway, Cattie!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ahab said...

Glad to share. And how about that USPS? Coast to coast in 2 days? They went postal on that thing.

I'm trying to put the Total Lee Hazlewood tribute into as many hands as I possibly can. It's a great sampler of some of my favorite bands. Not a bad track on the thing. Madrugada is about the only band on it that hasn't panned out so far.

I saw that one of the other people you tagged along with me recently listens to a lot of Hazlewood/Sinatra stuff. But he's probably already aware of the Total Lee album.

It was the guy who's never resolved the childhood finger in the ear nighttime visitation. The haunted guy.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

I grew up with Lee Hazelwood/Nancy Sinatra on the console stereo. Who knew my parents could ever have picked out anything cool, but I can still hear "Some Velvet Morning . . ."

9:44 AM  
Blogger ahab said...

but I can still hear "Some Velvet Morning"

That was one of the songs the haunted guy referred to, Marty. There's a terrific cover of it by The Webb Brothers on the Total Lee album. I highly recommend the whole album.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Chryss said...

On behalf of Cattie, now standing at the gate at LAX: Du er velkommen.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Thanks, Ahab. By the way, George, you might be interested to know that Bonny Prince Billy took the photo for the cover of that valuable vinyl Spiderland you have.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker