Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bush Makes Annoucement in a Small Room

The AP reports:

Vetoing a stem cell bill for the second time, President Bush on Wednesday sought to placate those who disagree with him by signing an executive order urging scientists toward what he termed "ethically responsible" research in the field.

Bush went on to say, "If scientists want to do research that truly matters to this country, they can figure out a way to teach me what the words 'ethical' and 'responsible' mean."

Announcing his veto to a roomful of supporters, Bush said, "If this legislation became law, it would compel American taxpayers for the first time in our history to support the deliberate destruction of human embryos. I made it clear to Congress and to the American people that I will not allow our nation to cross this moral line."

"I figure there's got to be some moral line I won't cross, and I'm choosing this one. American taxpayers don't mind being compeled to support the deliberate destructions of humans, but embryos, they're so cute they might as well be babies. And we'd never kill babies with US funds."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

So.... so far in the first ten minutes today of my perusal of you and your cohorts blogs I've got one Bush is a babykiller (george), one Bush is a maggot (mort), and one person who'd like to fart on him (whackamole). You guys seriously crack me up, and that's why I keep coming back.

10:07 AM  
Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

So.... so far in the first ten minutes today of my perusal of you and your cohorts blogs I've got one Bush is a babykiller (george), one Bush is a maggot (mort), and one person who'd like to fart on him (whackamole). You guys seriously crack me up, and that's why I keep coming back.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

Good visual, george.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker