Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Johnny Cash & Flea "I'm a Drifter" (version 2) Unearthed: Trouble in Mind
Kate Jacobs "Can You Promise?" Hydrangea
The Band with Bob Dylan "Baby Let Me Follow You Down" The Last Waltz
Calexico "Stucco" Feast of Wire
Helium "Superball" The Dirt of Luck
The Vanduras "Theme for Troubled Teens" In the Dark
Victoria Williams "TC" This Moment in Toronto
Blind Lemon Jefferson "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean" Anthology of American Folk Music
Cesaria Evora "Carnaval de Sao Vicente" Cafe Atlantico
Tift Merritt "Ain't Looking Closely" This Is Americana

bonus
Ani DiFranco "Tamburitza Lingua" Revelling: Reckoning

So this week's edition is heavy on folkie-countrie with an alt twist, right down to a 20 second Calexico cut. That is a great Helium tune, though, and it's impossible not to see Brian Brooks Moving Company doing those incredible full body pops when hearing that Cesaria Evora cut.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

As usual, I know almost nothing.

Anyhow, no that I'm I-pod loaded, here's the challenge: who gets the first Jersey tune up.

I know you'e got Yo La Tengo and I have none. But I have all 4 Feelies albums, plus a nearly embarrassing amount of Bruce (early stuff only; as in his first 4 albums).

Hell, I'm not even from Jersey, just layin' down the challenge.

7:06 PM  
Blogger George said...

Well, it will be random, no? I assume all NJ folks count? Sinatra? Speed the Plough? Wake Ooloo? Bongos? (OK, I only have them on vinyl...)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I forgot about Hoboken's favorite son. I have Songs For Swinging Lovers on the 'pod.

I didn't load Wake Aloo though; maybe I need to.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker