Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Minor Fall, the Major Lift

In light of George Carlin's 70th birthday on Saturday (one of my first lps was Class Clown--don't know how my parents let my sister buy it for me) and the death of Jerry Falwell today, here's a quote from Carlin that Scott Long over at The Juice Blog featured:

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Falwell goes to hell, who's being punished, him or Satan?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hear, hear on the quotation.

And may I say . . . George Carlin is 70???

6:21 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Skipped my senior prom to go hear George Carlin rap eloquent those seven dirty words. Went with a lovely talented musician who had already jammed with Tower of Power. Carlin was stunning.

Corrected.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker