Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Lou Reed "New Sensations" Between Thought and Expression
The Mad Lads "The Sidewalk Surf" The Complete Stax Volt Singles
The Boomtown Rats "Lookin' after No. 1" D.I.Y. Anarchy in the UK--UK Punk I (76-77)
Built to Spill "I Would Hurt a Fly" Live
Bjork "Cvalda" Selmasongs
David Bowie "Maid of Bond Street" David Bowie
Patsy Cline "Stop the World (And Let Me Off)" Golden Hits
The Pine Valley Cosmonauts "Brain Cloudy Blues" The Majesty of Bob Wills
Wolfgang Press "People Say" No Balls (comp.)
The Mekons "Psycho Cupid (Dance Band onthe Edge of Time)" Original Sin

bonus
Archers of Loaf "Step into the Light" Vee Vee

What a way to end--I love the way that track eases one into one of the best, over-looked albums of the 1990s. If you don't know the Loaf, go have a listen. Plus you have to hand it to iTunes for bringing up "New Sensations" as the first random track of 2007. Sometimes I'd swear there's a little tiny DJ in there, moreso than there's one doing sequencing for Rhino, who made those useful DIY punk comps but somehow thought the Boomtown Rats were punk, and don't get me wrong, I like the Boomtown Rats and know they were at least punk-ergized, but c'mon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about that particular Patsy song, but that's the one that has me intrigued.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker