Thursday, November 30, 2006

Playing 50 Questions

Shakespeare's Sister memed, and it was good. So I had to mess it up some:

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Still me, huh.

2. How much cash do you have on you?
$33 and change.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
Spore.

4. Favorite planet?
Well, I've only been on one, so it's hard to judge.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Geez, they are all calls I made. I have no friends (sob).

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
As with planets, I only have one (the ring tone's not Holst).
ba-dum-bum

7. What shirt are you wearing?
Should I take it off now?
Seriously, a North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout t-shirt under a cashmere sweater--it's soft...

8. Do you “label” yourself?
Yes, as someone who doesn't label people.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
Clark's.

10. Bright or Dark Room?
I only use a digital camera now, so I'd have to say bright.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Shakes Sis is the mighty queen of the internets!

12. What does your watch look like?
Like it's almost time for lunch.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
ZZZZ

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
I don't IM. (I'm so 20th century, I know.)

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
3 blocks away.

16. What's a word that you say a lot?
"a"

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
Amy, of course.

18. Last furry thing you touched?
Mookie or Nigel, of course.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
Is Advil a drug?

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
None. See anwer #10.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
44. I like to look ahead.

22. Your worst enemy?
That damn Pogo comic strip.

23. What is your current desktop picture?
Mookie and Nigel, of course.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
Good morning.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
It's easier to invest the money.

26. Do you like someone?
I like everyone. Except for you over in the back....

27. The last song you listened to?
I won't count the Lite radio leaking over from my cube-mate at work and therefore get to say "Holy War" by Matthew Sweet.

28. What time of day were you born?
I think sometime between 1 and 2 in the afternoon, while my mom was in that post-lunch despond.

29. What’s your favorite number?
That slow, sad one we used to play at the lounge in Poughkeepsie.

30. Where did you live in 1987?
Iowa City, IA. In an old house that Berkeley Breathed supposedly lived in when he lived in Iowa City, which would explain the penguin molt.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
Pretty much everyone, particularly when I get done reading the brilliant sentence he/she just wrote (most recently that's Francine Prose, whose A Changed Man is terrific, like all her stuff).

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
No one, except for
you over in the back....

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Home, and then at the off-site breakfast meeting to kick off the new year.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Kick, but in a loving way.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
Of blue, yes.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Where would it hurt the least?

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
I want to say the language of love, but I'd settle for Spanish.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
The person I love moves me every day.

39. Are you touchy feely?
Get away from me with that question.

40. What’s your life motto?
If it fits in a motto, you aren't doing it correctly.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Dog hair, my wedding ring, and the ability to be totally, inappropriately silly.

42. What’s your favourite town/city?
Funky Town.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
The toll on that danged private toll road in Orange County.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Long time now. I blog.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?
Only if it's either that or get a tattoo.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
Married, kids, Philadelphia.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Not enough.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Sport coat and tie (well, and all the other necessary clothes, too). For work.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Not too much--I know there is pain, but pain is not aching.

50. Have you been burned by love?
Only by an old flame.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greyhounds have fur???

1:10 PM  
Blogger Melissa McEwan said...

Shakes Sis is the mighty queen of the internets!

LOL!

Funky Town

More LOL!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed an opportunity for a smart-alec-y response:

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?

I don't know of any region or location where tattooing is compulsory, so I have no idea where that would be.

1:06 PM  
Blogger George said...

You thought I was trying to be a smart-aleck? I'm insulted.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker