Tuesday, May 23, 2006

For They're a Jolly Oberkfellow

So with a quarter of the baseball season done, The Mets are in first but so are your Oberkfellows! Yep, as of last night my fantasy baseball team pulled 29 points ahead of the squad in second, even on a partial schedule night when I couldn't even field a full team for not enough of my guys were playing. Not that I'm bragging or anything.

Now, there's lots of baseball left, and nothing puts you in first place like shutout outings (not necessarily full shutouts, as that means somebody has to pitch a complete game and this is the 21st century) on Friday, Sunday and Monday, and young pitchers will break your heart, even when their nickname is King and they're not old enough to drink. But I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And if you want to play along at home, here's the latest roster I have to piece a nightly team out of:

Josh Willingham
Brian McCann
Justin Morneau
Brad Wilkerson
Dan Johnson
Ben Broussard
Rickie Weeks
Ian Kinsler
Brandon Phillips
J.J. Hardy
Craig Counsell
David Wright
Morgan Ensberg
Miguel Cabrera
Jason Michaels
Carlos Beltran
Bobby Abreu
Michael Cuddyer
Johan Santana
Scott Kazmir
Felix Hernandez
Dan Haren
Justin Verlander
Jeremy Bonderman
Jon Papelbon
Derrick Turnbow
Akinori Otsuka
Rafael Soriano

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker