Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Arnie Rhymes with Blarney

Perhaps you didn't see this last week, being preoccupied turning yourself into a turduckhuman (now with more human!) or watching too much football (I saw over a down--way too much) or plotting your 4 a.m. shopping strategy (shopping carts make even more effective battering rams on people pre-sunrise, I've heard), but the AP reported and even people in Kansas City (motto: "is NOT an oxymoron!") cared:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says photographs of his Porsche illegally parked in a Beverly Hills red zone are proof that even he makes mistakes.

The Republican governor said Tuesday his Saturday violation shows "no one is perfect--not even me."

Frankly I'm shattered. If I thought there was anyone perfect in this world, I thought it was the governor of a state whose unemployment rate is 12.5 percent, its highest level in nearly 70 years; the governor of a state whose once glorious universities will raise tuition 32% next year; the governor of a state where tax revenue won't bounce back until the 2014-15 budget year, while near term, the state faces a nearly $21-billion deficit.

I mean, that's perfect. If not as perfect as Kindergarten Cop.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker