Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lear Jets His Way into Our Five-Lined Hearts

Today is Limerick Day, so get your rhymes a-chimin'.

There once was a man named Cheney
Who found nothing funny about the Knights Who Say Ni
Instead for a rush
He'd lower your head below your tush
And soak you as if you were a peony

A beauty contestant named Prejean
Believed only in "opposite marriage" to stay clean
But alas she got caught
As her boobs she had bought
And it seems that her brain reeked of saline

A sure-to-lose Senator named Specter
Held out hope as a party defector
"If a voter asks my view
If I'm red or I'm blue
I'll say yes and never correct her"

Up at midnight trying to write some lines
Is almost like introducing your forehead to fork tines
I had hoped to be clever
But offer malarkey and palaver
Stitched together like Abby Normal Frankensteins

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

Ventura was interviewed by Larry
And said that torture was scary
He said Cheney's chicken
whose tough-talk did sicken
I'm sure Rush won't be very merry.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Freealonzo said...

Santana would pitch for the Mets
The bullpen sucks! fans would fret
I'll give you a full eight
Johan would emphatically state
but at $128 mil, that's as good as it gets.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Freealonzo said...

Oops, I should have said $137.5 Mil.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

There once was a tool named Tim Geithner,
Who sniffed banker's assets--damned blithe cur--
After he bones us,
He'll wait for his bonus,
From Goldman and Citi, "Your tithe, sir."

12:12 PM  
Blogger George said...

You folks are damn poetic. And Marty, I wanted to do a Geithner one, but when I realized it meant multisyllable rhymes, I gave up.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

I don't know, George. I suspect no one else in the world would rhyme Cheney with "Say Ni." Nice.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker