Tuesday, January 06, 2009

You and Your Peter Principle

My problem is I let stuff bug me that shouldn't. Driving into work today the SUV in front of me has a license plate holder that boasts: "Only the best dads get promoted to grandpa." Now, a normal person would say, "Aw, the person is proud to have grandkids" and leave it at that. But if you're a regular reader, you've already spotted the problem with that last sentence. Instead my first thought was "Some parent bought that for grandpa from the little squirt as sentiment belongs on the ass of a Chevy Suburban." After all, as someone childless by choice, if you reduce my world view (go ahead, I'm used to it), it comes down to this: Q: What will solve a world totally screwed up like ours? A: More people!

Look family is great and all, but you get to be a grandpa if your kids have enough sex without birth control. (Or sometimes with, I've heard those stories.) At the least, realize it's not about you.

BTW, it's not true that I have a license plate holder that says "Bitter driver says eat shit and die."

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger regina said...

I totally sympathize. I'm all for expressing one's self, however, imposing one's arrogant world view upon others via the ass of a motorized vehicle is obnoxious, especially at 8 a.m. on a Monday while driving to work.

Years ago, my husband got a license plate holder custom made for his motorcycle that reads, "Signal, damn it!" Now THAT'S purposeful.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, it's not true that I have a license plate holder that says "Bitter driver says eat shit and die."

Why not?

12:43 PM  
Blogger Rickey said...

Whodathunkit? Procreation is a meritocracy once again! To Rickey, that plate holder reads like a Nazi slogan.

6:37 PM  
Blogger SBG said...

I knew a guy who was arrested for streaking down main street of my home town many years ago. He was a dumb shit, 35 years old, and a grandfather. His ex-wife made sure the local newspaper noted in their story of his naked journey through the local business district that he was, in fact, a grandfather. Something tells me that he wasn't promoted for being the best at anything.

1:44 PM  
Blogger nobody's fool said...

Joining you in saving the world, one less rug rat at a time, my license plate holder says, "Get off my lawn!"

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker