Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Random Ten

Brian Eno "Dead Finks Don't Talk" Here Come the Warm Jets
Lightning & Group "Long John" Martin Scorsese Presents: The Blues
Talking Heads "Pulled Up" Talking Heads: 77
Randy Newman "Cowboy" Guilty: 30 Years of Randy Newman
Sex Pistols "Anarchy in the U.K." Great Rock'n'Roll Swindle
Laurie Anderson "Puppet Motel" Bright Red Tightrope
Iris Dement "You've Done Nothing Wrong" My Life
Laurie Anderson "Speechless: The Eagle and the Weasel" Bright Red Tightrope
Victoria Williams "You R Loved" Loose
Wayne County & the Back Street Boys "Max's Kansas City 1976" D.I.Y.: Blank Generation--The New York Scene (1975-1978)

bonus
Glenn Gould "Gigue from Suite for Piano, Op. 25" Thirty-Two Short Films about Glenn Gould

Oh cheeky cheeky, oh naughty sneaky. Your future dream was a shopping scheme. Weasel! I'd never seen one wild before...oh, wait, that's the Annie Dillard and not the Laurie Anderson. Went down to the drunkards and told them everything is fine. Not just stuck in 77 but stuck singing about 77. There are worse things.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. You Are My Sunshine – Johnny Cash
2. Moulty – The Barbarians
3. Days – The Kinks
4. Full Moon, Empty Heart – Belly
5. Sweet Dreams – Patsy Cline
6. Ball and Chain – Janis Joplin
7. Oddfellows Local 151 – R.E.M.
8. Plains of Nebrasky-O – Eric Anderson
9. Donut Shops of Ontario – Washboard Hank
10. If I Told You – Husker Du

Sometimes the Friday Random Top 10s are just gems: I wish I could give the list to everyone so that they could hear what real good music sounds like and radio stations all around the country would take that list and play it on an endless loop. The above is definitely not one of those examples.

8:34 AM  
Blogger George said...

But Free, that list has "Moulty" on it, one of the greatest songs ever about a one-armed drummer!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say Moulty is more notorious than good but then again I guess I should be more respectful toward a song that got a shout-out in the Ramones' Rock and Roll Radio.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Hem, "An Easy One," Eveningland
Mercury Rev,"Holes," Deserter's Songs
Ramones, "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend (demo)," Ramones
The Walkmen, "Hang on, Siobhan," Bows + Arrows
Guided by Voices, "Watch Me Jumpstart," Live at Empty Bottle
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Generation," Take Them On, On Your Own
Radiohead, "No Surprises," OK Computer
The Avett Brothers, "Pretty Girl from Chile," Emotionalism
Year Future, "I'm With Stupid," First World Fever
Bell and Cooper, "Horses Run Fast," Forty Words for Fear

Bonus: Night Driving in Small Towns, "Man on a Horse," Postscript EP

Some pretty good music, if only I could hear it over Good Charlotte mucking it up outside for homecoming. Ok, George. I promise I'll blog this weekend.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker