Monday, September 15, 2008

Linen in Large Denominations--Appliances We Have Enough Of

Today I'm Not One to Blog, But... celebrates its fourth anniversary, proving it's got one big "but."

Who knew back on September 15, 2004 that I was beginning something that would consume enough of my time that four years later George W. Bush would still be president, Cheney would still be vice president, and somehow I would be fearing even more the next possible Republican administration. The more times change, the more the world seems a disaster.

Still, 2128 posts in four years. That's 532 posts a year. 1.458 posts a day. Of course that .458 post is generally my best.

I only put the counter on June 16, 2006, but in that time there have been over 148,000 unique visitors, or the population of Wasilla, Alaska 21 times over (assuming a Palin hasn't given birth since I began this entry). And those visitors have been truly unique--one of the best things about doing this is all the cool virtual friends I've made: the Around the Keg gang led by Smitty, Drew (my one follower, not that I've activated that function), Sara de la Guerra (whoever she really is--she got me with Bat Spray that one time I was brought into BlogaBarbara's secret location), Cookie Jill, James at Coyote Mercury, Craig Smith, watertiger, Ben Varkentine, Generik, Deb, Heather, Tom, Ahab, and the IIRTZ crew, Fred/Ironicus, Scott Long, Steve Hilton, Frealonzo, Mike, Coop, Deborah, Regina, Rickey, Melissa and the Shakers, Skippy and His Bush Babies, Chari, and TBogg (even if he doesn't link here anymore now that he turned his back on Santa Barbara).

Thanks for making the world a better place and amusing me to no end. You're all welcome over for a cocktail of your choice.

Of course there are the people I knew non-virtually, too, some of whom I sort of, if I can pat myself on the cyberback here, perhaps got into blogging: Noelle, Trekking Left at Average Man, Patrick at Big Table, dashblankdash (who was at this before me, but he's younger and hipper), Dave Prine, Christy, Queen Whackamole, Marty, Ted x 2, Tessitura (who will blog again, I know). I've left for last the best, Amy, who I'm not keeping busy enough--she has two blogs (not that she enters on them too frequently). You folks were all great to begin with, but that your greatness burns brightly on the internets gives me much joy.

I of course have to give a tip of the INOTBB chapeau to Edhat, from where many of my readers came, desirous of learning about Ishkabibble and McCaw's latest drivel.

And then there's the #1 search item that got person here--"the." I can't say how proud I am to be a major source for the definitive article. After that, you're all here looking for King Tut and Morganna the Kissing Bandit--I'll get their sextape posted ASAP.

And I'd like to end on some found poetry from my top search items list:
julie
not
newmar
nude
and
bellucci

Here's hoping I can elevate internets discourse for another 4 years.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Chryss said...

Happy Birthday, INOTBB! Thanks for some of the best writing on the internets.

Maybe in another four years I'll be able to get the WV with my first try!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hooray for George! I want a scotch bonnet martini, please!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Chryss said...

Make that two, please. Oh, plus the one for Amy...

2:19 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Do blogs have term limits? Happy B-day I NOT BB, and I'll drink fondly to found poetry.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Happy Blogoversary George.

(Good quip about the population of Wasilla and its fecund mayor, btw.)

3:59 AM  
Blogger Rickey said...

Mazel tov sir. 2128 is a helluva big deal. Rickey suspects that the GOP and the Mets should have no problem providing you with 2128 more. Keep up the great writing.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Ironicus Maximus said...

Copious amounts of kudos to you sir, on the anniversary of your blog birth. We tip a Stoli in your general direction (but not enough to spill)
Fred/Ironicus

6:31 AM  
Blogger Trekking Left said...

Congrats, George! Keep doing what you do.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congrats and happy birthday! Your consistent witty prose keeps me coming back for more (though that poem is cute, too).

12:42 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Congrats and Happy Birthday, george! I have to say, one of the things I love the most is your prose. Your food, beer, wine, and Paris reviews are a true pleasure to read.

Slainte, to many many more!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lines like "assuming a Palin hasn't given birth since I began this entry" that makes me coming back to INOTB,B. Congrats

2:27 PM  
Blogger George said...

Thanks everybody!

And McC, maybe you'd get a shout out if you were the kind of person who said congratulations first before whining (how Democratic of you). But I do have to agree with you, you are "one of [my] top shit stirrers," give or take a word and a plural.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Folly Blaine said...

Congratulations! Your blog is old enough for one of those fancy blog pre-schools. I hope you got your applications in early; the good ones fill up fast.

8:50 AM  
Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

whining? please. i just wanted to be acknowledged as a pseudo-contributor to your universe. At any rate:

George, my fellow shit stirrer, I congratulate you on your one zillionth post. There.

I'll give you one more piece of kudos candy bar: Thank you for not being a censoring a-hole like your "friends" in San Fran Sicko. Those myopic bastards don't do top ten lists on fridays because they only like to listen to the same songs over and over again.

Have a nice day!

10:47 AM  
Blogger ahab said...

Sorry I'm late with this, George, but congrats! And keep up the good work!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous IWE81281K said...

Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker