Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I Miss You, Too

The festival might be over, and at some point I have to write about what a weird thing super-celebrity is--check out the otherworldliness of this video to get a hint at it:



For I was one of the people wrangling the photogs on the other end of that barrage of flashes. Press check in was at 6, but most of them were there at 3, in the press pen even though we still had to build risers and label their spots. Once that got done we let them back in and they rushed the line as if they were claiming their acre of Oklahoma. And we're talking the real photographers here, not paparazzi, from AP to Wire Image to Berliner. But that's their job.

Oh well, in the meantime while that one job of mine is done (except for the 40 or so thank yous I have to write--they're coming folks, promise), the other two jobs are angry I ignored them for 11 days. So here's what it was like to have the best wine I'll ever drink in my life.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Well goddamn, George. That's sounds like some mighty fine wine.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Rickey said...

"In case evening requires the wit of Noel Coward from all its guests, pop cork."

Heh, absolutely sounds worth trying.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker