Friday, October 19, 2007

He's a Wild and Crazy President!

Friday's Fun Quiz! Your job, intrepid INOTBBers, is to decide which two moments of the following six were actually part of President Bush's Wednesday news conference (turns out the news is our president might just be crazy!). Let's hear it for that wild and nutsy Republican sense of humor! (Answers will be in the first comment)

number 1
Q Mr. President, following up on Vladimir Putin for a moment. He said recently that next year when he has to step down, according to the constitution, as President, he may become Prime Minister, in effect keeping power and dashing any hopes for a genuine democratic transition there. Senator McCain--
THE PRESIDENT: I've been planning that myself.

number2
THE PRESIDENT: This is not my first rodeo. I mean, just because I could have FBI agents hogtie David Gregory and leave him in a bathroom stall in the Minneapolis airport doesn't mean I would do such a thing. Hehe.

number 3
THE PRESIDENT: But this -- we got a leader in Iran who has announced that he wants to destroy Israel. So I've told people that if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from have the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon.

number 4
THE PRESIDENT: We made it clear we didn't agree. They passed it anyway. And so now, hopefully, we'll be in the process. That's why the President has a veto. Sometimes the legislative branch wants to go on without the President, pass pieces of legislation, and the President then can use the veto to make sure he's a part of the process. And sometimes being part of the process means making everyone know I am the process. So you play by my rules or go home. Look I'll cooperate and sign any legislation that I told them to pass in the first place. But if they come up with something on their own, that's not the process.

number5
THE PRESIDENT: In other words, they're still out there, and they're still plotting and planning. So all we can do is watch, and wait. And it's in our interest to have the tools necessary to protect the American people, whether that's ways to shootdown flying saucers or waterboards.

number6
THE PRESIDENT: I'm not a forecaster, I'm not a President, but I play one on TV.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Numbers 1 & 3 are exactly from the transcript, so let's be prepared for a dashing of any democratic transition and WW III.

The sad part is the 4 other quotes all are partially things Bush said, too.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Generik said...

It's a trick question! They're ALL correct!

Seriously, I watched a lot of that press conference on tape later, and all I could think was just how unhinged he seems. The man is not right in his mind, in a drunk-and-praying Nixon kind of way. He scares the bejesus out of me.

4:56 PM  
Blogger ahab said...

But algore sighed, George...

4:19 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Then when you're done here, go take

The bible sex quiz

1:39 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Let's try that link again:

The bible sex quiz

And after you're done, go buy a "What Would Jesus Do" thong.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker