Thursday, September 27, 2007

Friday Random Ten

John Hiatt "Tennessee Plates" Slow Turning
Talking Heads "Girlfriend Is Better" Stop Making Sense
Frank Sinatra "When Your Lover Has Gone" In the Wee Small Hours
Alison Krauss & Union Station "We Hide & Seek" Live
Shonen Knife "Bear Up Bison" Let's Knife
The Band "Mad Waltz (Sketch Track for 'The Well')" The Last Waltz
Nick Lowe "When I Write the Book" Basher--The Best of Nick Lowe
Charlie Musselwhite "Drifting Boy" Rough News
Lambchop "Something's Going On" Aw C'mon
Sonic Youth "Wild Flower Soul" A Thousand Leaves

bonus
The Replacements "Message to the Boys" Don't You Know Who I Think I Was? The Best of the Replacements

That was interesting. One of the best T-Heads, a Union Station cut we just saw the Jerry Douglas Band rip the heck out of live about a month ago, a Sonic Youth epic that's better than I remember. Not a brilliant Random Ten, but a sneaky one.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ahab said...

Edith Frost, "What’s the Use" It’s a Game
Kristin Hersh, "William’s Cut" Sunny Border Blue
Tindersticks, "Dick’s Slow Song" Curtains
Eels, "The Other Shoe" Blinking Lights and Other Revelations
Ryan Adams, "The Sun Also Sets" Easy Tiger
Howe Gelb, "Can Do Girl" Arizona Amp and Alternator
PJ Harvey, "Ecstacy" Rid of Me
Shivaree, "Flycatcher" Rough Dreams
Tom Waits, "9th and Hennepin" Rain Dogs
Roger Dean Young & The Tin Cup, "Stettler" Pilgrim

Bonus: Nicolai Dunger, "What Tomorrow" This Cloud is Learning

No complaints this week. I'll accept a few weak tracks mixed in with superb ones from Hersh, Howe, Harvey, Waits and Young.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Nice lists both. No me this week, as I just received a nice package and I'll be uploading during the week. Thanks, much, Ahab.

12:46 PM  
Blogger George said...

Ahab has been a busy man--I got a thick package too.

Thanks, Ahab!

1:30 PM  
Blogger ahab said...

(Sorry for the late reply, but I've been away from home and net.) You guys are welcome. It pleases me to share what I consider my good finds with people who might appreciate them. If anybody would like Roger Dean Young and The Tin Cup as much as I do, for example, it would be a Califone fan like you, Marty. I'm nuts about Langhorne Slim, too. Let me know what you guys think about him sometime. Mary didn't care for him but I wore her down.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker