Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bush Prevents "Commuter" Traffic

Washington, DC -- President Bush today commuted Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' sentence for perjuring himself while testifying to the Senate yesterday. Bush said, "I realize that Gonzales has not been convicted of perjury yet -- he hasn't even been indicted for it. But I figured I could save the country the pain of his trial and the money, too. Why wait around to subvert justice and ignore the rule of law when you can be a leader of the free world? And my plan is to keep free all of my friends, no matter their criminal activities. They have suffered enough doing what I tell them.

"Now leave me alone so that I can get back to vetoing bills that might lead to medical cures, bring an end to the war in Iraq, and provide health insurance for 4 million of American children."

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

George, I'm going to tell you a couple things that you might not know and probably won't like. The first is, I like you. I enjoy reading your blog. I like the ranting and the back and forth with the loonies (you included). The second thing I want to tell you is... maybe you should stick to the beer reviews, your music top ten, and pictures of your dogs. Humor doesn't suit you very well. This last attempt was so unfunny that I felt bad for you George. It sounds like you're trying too hard. Anyway, just wanted to chime in there. Keep up the good work, and GOODNIGHT NOW.

12:29 PM  
Blogger artuzi said...

If you show disrespect for his leader loyalist mcconfrontation takes umbrage

Keep it up George!!

1:11 PM  
Blogger ahab said...

George, you comic genius you, are you writing the MCConfrontation comments? Because that wouldn't be right. No matter how funny they are, that just wouldn't be right.

Seriously, are you?

1:44 PM  
Blogger George said...

I admit it--I am McConfrontation.

I mean, would anyone sane make such comments!

It was fun while it lasted, my persona as a conservative blogger. Ahab, you have speared your white whale.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Wait a second. I thought I was McConfrontation.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm McSpartacus!

7:51 AM  
Blogger ahab said...

MCConfrontation belongs to all of us. He's the free world's dope-lganger.

7:56 AM  
Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

I've been thinking of a decent Moby Dick reference to chuck at ahab for a week, and George you beat me to it (perhaps I was dwelling a bit too much on wanting, no, needing to use the word "Queequeg"). Alas, you have absolved yourself George, for that was funny.

7:57 AM  
Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

And yes folks you can all have a piece of me. In fact, for $5 cash plus shipping I will send you via Priority Mail an 8X10 head shot of yours truly. You can do with it what you please, including using it as a target on your dart board, an effigy burning, or to line your canary's cage. What say you all?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ill chip in 2 cents

If all your fans would ship in, we might raise a quarter

2:17 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Call me McConfrontation.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker