Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Pere Ubu "Drinking Wine Spodyody" Datapanik in the Year Zero: 1978-1979
Sufjan Stevens "The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts" Come on Feel the Illinoise!
The Master Musicians of Jajouka "A Habibi Quajee T'Allel Allaiya" Apocalypse Across the Sky
Dinosaur Jr. "I Misunderstood" Beat the Retreat: Songs of Richard Thompson
Louis Armstrong "Blue Again" Ken Burns Jazz Collection: Louis Armstrong
Arturo Sandoval "Blues for Diz" For Love or Country
Marshall Crenshaw "Starting Tomorrow" Life's Too Short
Brian Eno & Jah Wobble "Marine Radio" Spinner
John Cale "Things" HoboSapiens
The Magnetic Fields "I Thought You Were My Boyfriend" I

bonus
Alison Krauss & Union Station "Daylight" New Favorite

In case you were wondering, J Mascis does misunderstand Richard Thompson, bludgeoning a great song and coming up with easily the worst cut on an otherwise fine covers collection. And while I've spent lots of time hyping my guitar heroes Robert Quine and Marc Ribot, I have to admit I'm a complete sucker for Jerry Douglas's dobro, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker