Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Grouch's Oscars

INOTBB fan* alert:

I'm going to try to do some live Oscar-blogging, assuming someone says something stupid, wears something ugly, or dances with Snow White. After all, anything I do will be anti-climatic now that they've spent 5 minutes with Celine Dion on the red carpet.
4:40 pm

Was that the first time Stan Brakhage got name-dropped at the Oscars?
5:36 pm

Note to self: never wear a flesh-colored microphone--makes it look like you have a big boil. Oh, and is Jack Black just Buddy Hackett for goyim?
5:57 pm

And Jessica Biel proves you can be in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film and still present an Oscar. Emphasis on present.
6:19 pm

Yowza--Magnetic Fields used in a dog food ad, The The in a spot for M&M's...this is the most depressing Academy Awards ever. Oh, and then the Pogues for Cadillac. Because Shane MacGowan drives one.
6:42 pm & later, too

As one of my co-watchers just said, watching Sherry Lansing, UC Regent, get an honorary Oscar: "She's my boss. She got an award." Oh, her "husband Billy" is William Friedkin, who oddly enough, has been invited twice to UCSB to do film and filmmaker events. Wonder if Sherry came along and the chancellor got to schmooze.
7:11 pm

Wow, Chinese spoken at the Academy Awards. I don't know about you, but I was hungry for another thank you ten minutes later.
7:45 pm

It's been bugging me all night, trying to figure out who Jack Nicholson looks like this evening, but now I get it. He must be auditioning for Daddy Warbucks for a Jupiter Dinner Theater production of Annie.
8:45 pm

Is it just me, or will Reese Witherspoon grow up to be Jay Leno? Check out that chin!
9:02 pm

Is it over? I just woke up.
10 pm

*Intentionally singular, as I'm trying to figure out who you are, now that my wife has her own blog to obsess about.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! Good Nicholson comment...I thought he looked like Rod Steiger in Mars Attacks!, which was a wholly Oscar-worthy movie...

11:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Good call on Resse's chin. I was worried that someone attacked her and punched her in the jaw.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought he shaved his head in solidarity with Britney Spears.

And I'm still your fan! and always will be!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather shallow and catty, eh?

4:04 PM  
Blogger George said...

Dear Rather Anonymous 4:04 pm--

And your point is?

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Reese looked espeically lovely -- that inky gown was a stunner! But I was almost too taken aback by what *am* *really* *pretty* *sure* was a WIG to notice anything else. Did you think that long "Hannah Montana" hair looked real? Not that I'm some obsessed weekly-Witherspoon-watcher or anything, but didn't her hair get long rather suddenly? And you can't see her scalp anywhere, not even a hint of it, which implies "wig" to me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a beautiful stunning wig. And if it's not a wig, then it's by far the most beautiful hair that nature and the hair-styling arts have ever conspired to create. (And I do think that might be possible coming from Reese, because I am a big fan.) But I'd bet on it being a wig.

* By all of the asterisks, I mean that I have absolutely nothing to back this claim up.

A loyal fan of INOTBB (one of the countless many, and I would bet on that, too)
- K.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Leo needs to go into rehab for his bronzer addiction. Anyone else think he looks too orange?

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought Al Gore had a touch of it, too. Maybe they had the same makeup artist?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker