Friday, July 29, 2005

My Wife Went to Book Club and All I Did Was Make this Lousy Mixed Tape

You know how it is, time alone, so let's break out the cassettes and play DJ. I don't pod, sorry. And, yes, this tape is filled with more recent stuff than I tend to like to put in one mix, but I hadn't made a tape in a few months and the turntable needs a new cartridge, so that limits the golden oldies (like New Order's "Love Vigilantes," which should really follow the Shout Out Louds).

Help Me Language Here

Shout Out Louds "A Track and a Train"
Fountains of Wayne "I'll Do the Driving"
Stephen Malkmus "Freeze the Saints"
Bettie Serveert "Dreamaniacs"
Crooked Fingers "Call to Love"
The Raveonettes "Ode to LA"
Neko Case "Train from Kansas City"
Spoon "Sister Jack"
Futureheads "Man Ray"
The Skids "Hurry On Boys"
Sleater Kinney "What's Mine Is Yours"
X "Under the Big Black Sun"

The Decemberists "This Sporting Life"
Richard Thompson "Legal Matter"
Lucinda Williams "Righteously" (live)
Son Volt "Afterglow 61"
Kathleen Edwards "In State"
John Hiatt " Master of Disaster"
Preston School of Industry "Caught in the Rain"
Thelonious Monster "The Rolling Stones '77 Song"
Beck "Que Onda Guero"
M.I.A. "Bingo"
Chemical Brothers "Shake Break Bounce"
Talking Heads "Electricity (Drugs)" (live)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker