Monday, December 20, 2004

I'll Be Your Mirror

From Gawker we get this parallel universe tidbit:

Tina [Brown] tapped columnist Nicholas Kristof to distill everyone's favorite Russian, Vladimir Putin. Kristof deconstructed Putin's goals for a "free market" where "he controls the business interests, one in which there is no free media" and "everybody would bow before him." Kristof said in Russia there is a "deep yearning" for strong leadership and economic growth and voters picked "hope over experience" in choosing Putin.

Remember last June, when Mr Bush surprised the world by declaring after a meeting with Mr Putin in Slovenia: "I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul"?

It turns out that the quote was misreported. It should have been, "I looked into the mirrors of his eyes. I was able to get a sense of my soul."

Aren't you glad to have that one cleared up?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker