Thursday, August 20, 2009

On Another Trip around the Sun

As we continue music week at INOTBB, long-time readers know I still put together a mixed cassette, yes, that funny plastic thing with tape in it, for my birthday. Although I rarely do it around my birthday--this year it only took 5 extra months, which still beats last year, so either I'm getting quicker as I get older or I have less to do. Or I'm more willing not to do something I should be doing. (I'm clearly just as decisive about my personal mien.)

I Ache in the Places That I Used to Play

side A
Neko Case "Animal"
Marshall Crenshaw "Passing Through"
Leonard Cohen "Tower of Song" (live)
Stars "Going, Going, Gone"
Shannon McArdle "Poison Cup"
Regina Spektor "Eet"
The Bird and the Bee "Birthday"
The Pipettes "Because It's Not Love (But It's Still a Feeling)"
Detroit Cobras "As Long as I Have You"
Jenny Owen Youngs "Hot in Herre"
David Byrne/Brian Eno "Wanted for Life"
Crooked Fingers "Your Control"

side B
Bishop Allen "The Ancient Common Sense of Things"
Earl Greyhound "It's Over"
Portastatic "Through with People"
John Cooper Clarke "I Don't Want to Be Nice"
The Wombats "Let's Dance to Joy Division"
Los Campesinos! "Miserabilia"
Okkervil River "Pop Lie"
Nick Cave the Bad Seeds "Lie Down Here (and Be My Girl)"
Rhett Miller" Happy Birthday Don't Die"
The Baseball Project "Past Time"
A.C. Newman "The Heartbreak Rides"
Dent May and His Magnificent Ukulele "College Town Boy"
Nick Lowe "Nutted by Reality"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Lists above. Lists below. Great lists. hissssssssssssssssssssss.

3:48 PM  
Blogger George said...

Marty, you give great magnetic tape.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker