Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He Embouchures Aerophones by the Seashore

The egrets I'm used to, although they were impressively arrayed slough-side this morning on the bike ride in, almost as if they decided to ape the folks at the nearby beach, each laying claim to its own real estate.

It was the older guy sitting in the back of his van that got me, though. There he was, facing the bike path, the airport a bit further in the distance. In front of him, a music stand. In his hands, a trombone. You've got to practice somewhere, I guess, and no doubt the missus made him leave the house.

Perhaps the egrets thought it was some sort of call.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

A much funnier version of "Dude! I saw an old man playing trombone at the beach! LOL!"

Funny anecdote, at any rate. Reminds me of the days when I first picked up the trumpet. My dad suddenly always had lots and lots of yard work. He would go outdoors and sit in the mud.

I walked by a guy the other day. He stood on a corner with one of those little karaoke machines and a microphone. He was absolutely cracking himself up putting on a comedy show. His audience of one, sitting slightly behind him, was laughing equally hard. It was like an off-kilter Johnny Carson-Ed McMahon routine.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Chryss said...

I appreciate the sense of heraldry this adds to my workday... very nice to ride past this morning...

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker