Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This Evening I Blogged a Pelican and It Was Brief--How The Pelican Got into My Blog I'll Never Know

If you look closely, you'll see an egg under Ms. Pelican. So take that as a symbol of something. For I could write about a terrific Belgian Beer Fest this past Saturday (and I damn hope I will, but the Duvel's in the details--haha, a Belgian beer joke!), or I could spend my evening doing freelance writing and editing (1000 or so words of mine, 600 words of others ), or trying to get publishers not to run freelance work in which they change the part in a subject's quotes to make it say what they want it to say, or annoying Amy on FB, or regretting we are out of honey so my tea toddy was merely tea and Maker's Mark (and what does it mean that the cold is back, or that he invited a friend in the door as he left, damn him), or fretting, ever-fretting, about the fantasy baseball draft just two nights away (my whole summer could be made or ruined in less than 48 hours and I wish I was being dramatic about it).

Any advice--in a keeper league, would you trade Miguel Cabrera, who you've had on your team since he first hit the majors, for Jon Lester and Jake Peavy? Really? Even with pitching so hard to predict? Even with Peavy a Padre? Still, a starting rotation that was topped by Johan Santana, Lester, and Peavy....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger George said...

And for some reason that mess of allusions in this post's title has me wishing for a version of Pretty Woman starring Groucho Marx in the Richard Gere role.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Unless you're desperate for pitching, I'm not sure I'd do that George.

3:16 AM  
Anonymous James said...

Nice pelican shot, and "Duvel in the details" made me snarf my coffee.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker