Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It Ain't Easy When You Fall

Here's why I don't have much rage over the AIG bonus issue. 'Cause I wouldn't have slapped Captain John Smith if I was on the Titanic, neither.

Focus, people. The whole economy is a sham, and we're worried about this? OK, it does make clear that business runs the country, and even Super Obama can't control that. Particularly when he lets the Geithner fox into the henhouse, but even that metaphor fails as our economic policy has long been not a case of the revolving door--there's no door at all--but simply printing up new business cards. This country's economy wasn't made for you and me, my friend (here I apologize to all my readers at Goldman Sachs et al.).

Simply put, fuck us and the Hank Paulson we rode in on.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Thou dost protest too much.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Yeah we're worried about that! The issue to me is that our dollars are not being used by AIG to cover loans or plug holes. They're not being used to solve a problem. They're being used to fulfill a "contractual obligation" for a paycheck.

Maybe this: maybe you will get your bonus if you come up with a way to bail us out. Until then, no bonus.

Maybe then we'll have a solution overnight!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

This country's economy wasn't made for you and me, my friend

So therefore we should just shut up and accept it as the wealthiest and most powerful fleece us?

And the fact that nothing has changed under the man who promised nothing but change doesn't disturb you just a bit?

4:22 AM  
Blogger George said...

So either I protest too much or not enough. This is a tough room.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker