Thursday, November 06, 2008

Brian Williams Is a Big Skinny Idiot

Now this is a president I can believe in [link from the Huffington Post]:

I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me ... answer it.' Instead of being appropriately [the tape is garbled]. So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

If there's ever a time to drop an f-bomb, that's it. It must be hard being smart among the mental midgets of the press. I guess Obama is just going to have to get used to it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

I've only in the past few months come to appreciate Brian Williams. I must clarify it's only due to his appearances on Sesame Street which I dvr for my almost-2 year old daughter. He's REALLY good on Sesame Street.

After reading that piece, I f---ing like Obama even more.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should do a post on the american left that can't bring itself to admire Obama. (Some part of me insists to myself that they vote for him anyway, but) See Jane Dark and Alex Cockburn, for two recent unreconstructed? examples. I like that phrase, American Left. These guys seem to ask me to cede the territory to them. There they are, standing under a tree -- perhaps the tree Obama planted. It's raining. They get rained on. It seems that rain falls on leaves and the leaf builds up water and the water shakes off.

5:02 PM  
Blogger George said...

Actually, Michael Berube already did that, and way more articulately than I ever could.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Trekking Left said...

Anonymous is right on, as usual!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker