Monday, May 05, 2008

Memed Myself I

Ben at a dragon dancing with the Buddha memed me. Genrally I bitch and moan, but I'll just suck it up and do it for a change.

Here are the rules:
A) The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
B) Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
C) At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1) Ten years ago I was...

Ten years younger, but now that I'm ten years older I can't say for certain if my back hurt less then. I was enjoying just the first of my years of marriage with the wonderful Amy. Mookie was just a pup, so we did pup-loving things. Like bought a new, not chewed up couch. I was still teaching writing at the time but was writing for the Independent in a different incarnation as an arts feature writer covering things from David Sedaris to Mose Allison. I had a website for teaching that was a mini-proto-blog. I did not get rich from this.

2) Five things on today's to-do list:

Bring dinner to friends who recently had a baby.
Divvy up our wine futures for the cartel I front.
Go to work and not be consumed by the ever-needy website.
Watch the Mets stink playing the Dodgers.
Wash some dishes (this is on every day's to-do list).

3) Things I'd do if I were a billionaire:

Wake up from fainting after learning I was a billionaire.
Hire someone to download my vinyl into digital because I'm clearly never getting around to doing it despite buying that USB turntable, and that's even before the billion to worry about.
Set up a foundation to fund lefty stuff and make George Soros look like a piker.
Make sure a big part of that is funding some smart science folks so we might get alternative energy that works. That alternative energy is lefty stuff is something I would try to fix with my billion.
Make a reservation for whenever at the French Laundry.
There is the possibility I might buy some wine.

4) Three bad habits:

Buying too much wine. (Note I did not say drinking too much wine.)
Overusing the dash and parentheses.
Crunchy Cheetos on long car drives.

5) Five places I've lived:

East Hanover, NJ, Baltimore, MD, Iowa City, IA, State College, PA, Santa Barbara, CA (glad you didn't ask for more than 5--but the count of addresses in each locale, in order, is 1, 2, 2, 6, 4)(damn--did the parentheses and dash thing!)

6) Six jobs I've had in my life:

These are in my profile, actually: "A body guard for Jodie Foster, a walk-on dancer with French avant garde troupe Maguy Marin, a film programmer, a textbook author, a bassist in a rock band, a union president, a janitor, a delivery man to Plato's Retreat, a radio DJ, a rock journalist, a lab assistant for a company that made everything from mouthwash to super skin lubricant, and even, once, a poet." That leaves out food editor, teacher, marketing-publicity-communications maven. Got paid, at least something, for every one of those jobs except the body guard gig and the poetry. Nobody pays for that.

And, since I did this so non-grumbly-like, I am tagging 5 people to pass along the love. So, Amy, Queen Whackamole, Patrick, Tessitura, and Mike, you've been served by a sub-meme-peona.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Done

3:56 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I did it, but I did it on my blogger blog. I think I'll try blogger out some more... if I blog again that is. Here's my brilliant meme response.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I did this, even though I wasn't tagged. Just thought I'd share.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

I know, george. I know. The beer will flow again soon. I do get to be smitten for just a little bit, no?

1:57 PM  
Blogger George said...

Queen Whackamole did hers, too, just didn't tell us. Royal prerogative, I guess.

8:17 PM  
Blogger George said...

Patrick did his, too, but says he breaks rules, so I guess not saying he did the meme does the meme, so to speak.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Chryss said...

Can I change one of my bad habit answers to "not reading directions thoroughly"?

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker