Monday, April 21, 2008

Things That Scare Me

1) The Mets bullpen (nice pitch, there, Pedro Feliciano). I guess you borrowed Aaron Heilman's matches.

2) Joe Morgan might be smarter than Willie Randolph.

During last night's game, I actually agreed with Morgan (send the runner) and not Randolph (leave the runner). Batter, David Wright, doubles. Runner only ends up on third. Luckily Carlos Beltran singles both of them home. But he should have only had to have hit one man in.

Given I agree with Captain Morgan ads more than the wit and wisdom of Joe Morgan, this does not bode well for the Mets' season.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I like Joe Morgan, then again, I'm a Phillies fan. Just as long as David Wright is gone I'm happy.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Generik said...

I know I'm swimming against the tide on this one, but I like Joe Morgan, too. I realize he has his (many) detractors, but I enjoy listening to him and Jon Miller every Sunday night. *shrug* Call me crazy.

6:37 PM  
Blogger George said...

For a great player, Joe Morgan seems to have forgotten everything that made him so good. His over-hyping of small ball is a joke in this age of big offenses, and his inability to realize Billy Beane did not write Moneyball himself is simply ignorance of a Hall of Fame quality.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

This is the scariest post I've ever read.

3:59 AM  
Blogger George said...

And it only got scarier yesterday.

The Mets have to learn if they're on national TV they better win as it's the only time I get to see them.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Rickey said...

generik: you're batshit crazy.

Joe Morgan being smarter than Willie Randolph is a terrifying notion.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Generik said...

generik: you're batshit crazy.

Rickey, I'm taking that as a compliment!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker