Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What the Ale!

Depending on how you want to read things, the picture above, captured by my new iPhone, is either:

1) a rainbow, symbol of peace, unity, and some sort of new covenant;
2) a meteor crashing through my life and leaving a swath of pretty destruction.

I was at a marketing conference last weekend, ensconced in the San Diego Sheraton that is lovely if you own a yacht and the middle of nowhere if not, but of course I wasn't supposed to leave the hotel anyway as I had to learn about DDD and Web 2.0 and ROI and why Millennials think I'm an old fart for actually using email and not Twittering or texting. Afterwards I did get to spend time with my wonderful wife and her family in Escondido, featuring a Sunday that included consumption of, more or less in order (and you'll see why I maybe can't remember): Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Pizza Port Hop 15, Green Flash Fifth Anniversary Double IPA, Alesmith Grand Cru, Alesmith Speedway Stout. So, somewhere between busy and blotto, I didn't much care to blog.

Now back in Santa Barbara, it's been the regular craziness of the jobs that have kept me away, plus fun stuff like having to go in person to renew my driver's license (and admit that the weight listed back in 1994 isn't exactly my weight now--see list of beers above for explanation).

But I do want to write you things. So thanks for still checking in. Both of you.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Rickey said...

it could've always been:

3) some other defunct satellite crashing to earth, or

4) a harbinger of doom

12:54 PM  
Blogger Folly Blaine said...

The only time I've ever heard the term "Millenials" is immediately after someone returns from a conference and they are talking about what they've learned. I'm not sure why, but that word (unreasonably) bugs me.

Nice picture.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Well, it's not as if you started off slowly and worked your way up . . .

Memory might be weak for you with this plan, George.

4:31 AM  
Blogger George said...

Christy, maybe it bugs you as I think you do make the cut-off for millennials? It bugs me I'm just a Baby Boomer, as I always felt more Gen X.

Mike, if Stone IRS (yes, I'm on initialed familiarity with it) is available, I'm drinking it. It's my favorite beer-verage. And when at Stone World Bistro and Gardens....

9:35 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Pizza Port Hop 15, Green Flash Fifth Anniversary Double IPA, Alesmith Grand Cru, Alesmith Speedway Stout

You just described my ideal dinner. I am, again, so jealous that you have access to the beers that Michigan distributors are only just getting in to.

12:54 PM  
Blogger George said...

Smitty, the IRS gets released in bottle April 1. So we need to start thinking about a beer trade and how best to ship.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Folly Blaine said...

George, I miss the millennial cutoff by a few years, so maybe I'm just jealous of their super awesome kickass nickname.

I have a petty petty spirit.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

You tell me what MI beers you want, and you're on for a trade.

6:26 AM  
Blogger nobody's fool said...

I don't like being clumped in with the Baby Boomers, either. It's weird being in the same group as your parents.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker