Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stinker to Never to Dance

NPR reports:

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, was sentenced Tuesday to 30 months in prison for obstruction of justice and perjury in the investigation into the leak of a CIA operation officer's identity.

U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said he thought the evidence against Libby was overwhelming. Walton said he will decide next week if Libby will remain free during the appeal.


Before the sentence was read, Libby mentioned his career in public service and asked the judge for leniency. "It is respectfully my hope that the court will consider, along with the jury verdict, my whole life," he said.

What's more, Libby went on to say, "I was fielding the questions cleanly from Patrick Fitzgerald until someone yelled, "Ha!' behind me and then I started making up lies. I can't be sure but I think it might have been Howard Dean...you know how he is with the yelling. I tried to turn and see without drawing too much attention since that Fitzgerald clearly has attentive powers stronger than a Kenneth Starr, but for a fleeting moment I thought I saw Teamsters organizer Marty Keegan staring at me. Call me paranoid, but that's my story and I'm, sticking to it."

At that point Libby walked off temporarily a free man since it's a good half-a-year before the traditional Bush family Christmas pardoning of co-conspirators. Meanwhile Some reporters claimed Dick Cheney lurked off in the bushes, nodding to himself, whispering, "Good boy, Scooter, good boy."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

The title's a stretch, but if anyone could make the play, they could.

Let's hope those aspens start turning state's evidence.

10:47 PM  
Blogger M.C. Confrontation said...

Hey George was that an ARod reference in there? I like it! Funny post. I don't think Scooter will go to jail either. Even if he did it's obviously a "fall guy" situation.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker