Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Yo La Tengo "Feel Like Going Home" I'm Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
Yo La Tengo "Autumn Sweater: Tortoise Remix" Autumn Sweater CD single
Run On "Sinnerman" No Way
Built to Spill "Else" Keep It Like a Secret
Brian Eno "Through Hollow Lands (For Harold Budd)" Before and After Science
The Blind Boys of Alabama "Precious Lord" Higher Ground
Ensemble Romulo Larrea & Veronica Larc "Valsisimo" Collection un Siecle de Tango--Astor Piazzolla
Ornette Coleman "Law Years" Ken Burns Jazz: Ornette Coleman
Billy Bragg & Wilco "Hesitating Beauty" Mermaid Avenue
Michael Tilson Thomas: Orchestra of St. Luke's "Contredanse No. 11" Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 "Eroica"

bonus
Brian Eno "The True Wheel" Taking Tiger Mountain

Odd, odd, odd. At least it ends with one of my favorite Eno cuts ("row, row, row").

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Your I-pod's really got one foot back in NJ, George.

You'd better explain this whole Golden Gate/Promised land concept.

10:47 AM  
Blogger George said...

You can take the boy out of NJ, but you can't take the NJ out of his (wife's) iPod.

I was listenig to Love and X in the car on the way to work today to balance things out.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Tortoise and had no idea they'd remixed Yo La Tengo until I bought Lazarus Taxon - a wonderful little surprise in a treasure trove of Tortoise oddities.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Love & X. Consummate L.A.

By the way, is it me, or did Arthur Lee not get his props when the press did the usual "Who'd we lose this year" stuff?

Frankly, I'd forgetten til I saw you mention Love.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker