Wednesday, August 16, 2006

If I Just Had a Passport and a Plane Ticket, I'd Be Flying Now

So in a knife fight of truth, do you take the guy who has lied about darn near everything or the guy who helped uncover the Brits' part in torture campaigns in Uzbekistan? I know where my money rests.

Here's part of what Craig Murray, Britains' former ambassador to Uzbekistan, has to say about the latest Liquids on a Plane! scare:

We then have the extraordinary question of Bush and Blair discussing the possible arrests over the weekend. Why? I think the answer to that is plain. Both in desperate domestic political trouble, they longed for "Another 9/11". The intelligence from Pakistan, however dodgy, gave them a new 9/11 they could sell to the media. The media has bought, wholesale, all the rubbish they have been shovelled.

Well worth reading the whole entry at Murray's website. (Hat tip to This Modern World.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker