Monday, February 09, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder, Fondness Makes the Absence Longer

Just a programming note--things might be light here for a couple of weeks. Too much work at the second job (turning phoners with Anthony Bourdain and Frances Moore Lappe and an in-person with Paul Prudhomme into actual articles, plus other writing and editing), and then three freelance jobs, two of which are due 2/19. (One even features a contract.)

Then there's the real job, where I have to boil down pages of data that isn't quite equivalent and make it look exciting presented on a 5x7 card that I have to design, too. That's just one task.

So, you won't be hearing much from me unless I need to blow bloggy steam.

But I do need to point this out, who's coming to Santa Barbara itself pre-Coachella but Los Campesinos! at Velvet Jones on April 16. I have to think they're going to play here b/c they know one of their biggest fans lives here.

Here they are acoustic:



And here they are all out doing a song that sums it all up, doesn't it--"We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed":



See you there.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger E-6 said...

Here's hopin' you need to blow some bloggy steam, George.

Personally, I hate it when commerce gets in the way of art...

9:03 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Tell them the old prof they met in Jacksonville says hey. I know George is going, but the rest of you should drop everything and go with him. Los Campesinos! has single-handedly saved the exclamation point from oblivion.

(And if you think I'm not serious, I'm wearing my LC! t-shirt as I type this.)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker