Thursday, May 03, 2007

Come Dickie, Let's Do the Twist

Friday is the 67th birthday of Dick Curl and my guess is I probably almost don't have to write anything else. He's the assistant coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, having never taken the straight route to the head position. At least he's no longer running back coach, for opposing defenses knew he always veered right. In his days with the New York Jets Curl oversaw the tight ends, but what goes in the big city doesn't fly in the milder Midwest. Way back when he was just a young Dick he coached at Shamokin HS in Pennsylvania, about which I have no joke but I like typing the word Shamokin. He has been married to Wendy Curl, nee Htmal, since 1970 and is the proud father of a son, Rip, and a daughter, Jeri. Friday is also the 66th birthday of George Will, but I'm tired of talking about dicks this week.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

you can't take being sophomoric out of the boy

Truer words have never been spoken.

And I heard all the girls at his high school were shhh-mokin'!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're gonna have fun with Dick and names, you can't omit the greatest of all time: Dick Trickle of NASCAR.

My favorite tidbit from Wiki: "He was also infamous for having drilled a hole in his safety helmet so that he could smoke while racing, and for installing cigarette lighters in his race cars."

Now that's my kind of Dick.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker