Friday, April 13, 2007

You've Got Meme

Tom over at the ever-wonderful If I Ran the Zoo tagged me with the following far-too-long for how ultimately interesting it is (at least in my case) meme. So here we go....

FOODOLOGY

Q. What is your salad dressing of choice?
A. A vinaigrette with blue cheese chunks. But the Silver Palate Julee's Caesar is my favorite from the bottle.

Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
A. None. We just don't do that. Does Super Rica count? (On Tuesdays for the sopes.)

Q. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
A. Right now, have to say Jar in LA. Who's paying?

Q. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
A. 20% on the bill pre-tax.

Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick off of?
A. Cheese, because there are so many kinds.

Q. What is your favorite type of gum?
A. Dang, as in dang-gum it. (Not really a chewer.)

TECHNOLOGY

Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
A. Photos of the boys, of course.

Q. How many televisions are in your house?
A. One, as in one too many (but it is baseball season).

BIOLOGY

Q. What’s your best feature?
A. I will quote (ok, paraphrase) from Desire when the playing-a-European John Halliday says to Gary Cooper: "America is a big country," and Cooper leans in and says, "Six foot three."

Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
A. Wisdom teeth. My innocence. Not at the same time.

Q. Which of your five senses do you think is keenest?
A. Taste.

Q. When was the last time you had a cavity?
A. Knock on enamel not for awhile, but then again I had so many as a kid I'm now in the "that filling has failed, time for a crown" phase of dentistry.

Q. What is the heaviest item you lifted last?
A. My sorry ass out of bed this morning.

Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A. Is that a threat?

BULLSHITOLOGY

Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
A. Only if I could write a poem as good as Merwin's "On the Anniversary of My Death" about it.

Every year without knowing it I have passed the day
When the last fires will wave to me
And the silence will set out
Tireless traveller
Like the beam of a lightless star

Then I will no longer
Find myself in life as in a strange garment
Surprised at the earth
And the love of one woman
And the shamelessness of men
As today writing after three days of rain
Hearing the wren sing and the falling cease
And bowing not knowing to what

Q. Is love for real?
A. Yes indeedy.

Q. If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
A. Zeus. Might as well aim high.

Q. What color do you think looks best on you?
A. A blue shirt is often nicce to match my eyes, but it really depends. If you next ask what I'm wearing now I'm hanging up the phone....

Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
A. Yes, my words.

Q. Have you ever saved someone’s life?
A. I don't think so, unless as a DJ I saved someone's life way back when. (Whatever happened to In Deep?)

Q. Has someone ever saved yours?
A. Beyond saving it from being boring and miserable, no. (Thanks, Amy!)

DAREOLOGY

Q. Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000?
A. How about half naked for a mile for $50,000? Or could I run?

Q. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
A. Can I choose the person? If so, sure. (Someone warn Johan Santana.)

Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
A. No way. Pain ain't worth money.

Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000?
A. Even under a psuedonym? How would you ever know?

Q. Would you pose nude in a magazine for $250,000?
A. Are magazines that hard up these days?

Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000?
A. Do you get the trip to the enmergency room included, or does it come out of the grand?

Q. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
A. Well, since I've already done so just for the thrill....Of course not.

Q. Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000?
A. Easy.

Q. Give up MySpace forever for $30,000?
A. Does it count as "giving it up" if you've never had it? I'll give up making wild passionate love with Kate Winslet too.

DUMBOLOGY

Q: What is in your left pocket?
A. My wallet.

Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
A. One more cultural moment everyone shares but me, which makes me want to see it even less. (See the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, or, don't, and be like me.)

Q: Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
A. Hardwood, but some rugs on that.

Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower?
A. Why would I sit?

Q: Could you live with roommates?
A. A wife isn't a rommate--she's way better than that.

Q: How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
A. 0

Q: Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
A. Since they didn't catch me after that perfect murder, I guess it was the speeding ticket the one day a couple years ago going home at lunch to check in on the dogs. Pleading dog care doesn't get you out of a ticket, btw.

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A. Who says I have to grop up?

LASTOLOGY

Q: Friend you talked to?
A. Real or imaginary?

Q: Last person you called?
A. A photographer we're hiring to cover an event.

RANDOMOLOGY

Q: First place you went this morning?
A. To the curb to grab the newspaper. (The LA Times, not the dreaded News-Press which we cancelled months ago.)

Q: What can you not wait to do?
A. Fnish this damn questionnaire.

Q: What’s the last movie you saw?
A. Seven Chances. Still enjoying that wonderful Keaton boxset.

Q: Are you a friendly person?
A. To friends, yes.

So, it's tagging time. I turn this meme over to Amy (sorry, honey--at least I left all the local bloggers you know for you to tag), Cookie Jill, and James.

UPDATE: Amy has hers done. And now Cookie Jill does too.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hilton said...

Does Super Rica count?

I don't know; the food is fast, but the line takes forever. ;-) At least, the couple of times I've been there that was the case.

But man...just mentioning La Super Rica makes me hungry.

Ever go to El Bajio, down Milpas closer to the freeway? Very good stuff, IMO.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Trekking Left said...

I very much enjoyed this post except for the digs at teevee ... Like every other artistic medium, television has its good and bad. But I'll put up a great episode of Trek, X-Files, The Sopranos, Buffy, West Wing, etc. against half of the crap in film or books any day. Gotta defend my childhood inspirations :)

10:44 AM  
Blogger George said...

Tom, I've never tried El Bajio--will have to check it out. We either go to Super Rica or Los Arroyos.

Trekking Left, sure there's good TV, but I think calling it an artistic medium is the problem. It's a commercial medium in which some folks (like Joss Whedon) can achieve something like art, but it's rare. Sure there's tone of crap books and movies, but it's so much more of an effort to end up reading/watching them. TV is so seductive because it's right there staring at you in your living room saying, "Turn me on, baby, and just lie back and I'll do all the rest."

Anyway, you can defend TV all you want when Amy makes you do the meme on your blog (just a guess).

10:50 AM  
Blogger Trekking Left said...

See, I have to respectfully disagree ... Finding art on TV is not rare. It's just that -- like any other medium -- you have to weed through the trash to find it. With 200 channels, there's going to be much to love and hate. Of course, it gets harder to defend this position when they cancel FIREFLY but DEAL OR NO DEAL is a hit :)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Jar is OK but try SONA (401 North La Cienega) for a real treat. I think you will find it a far sight better than Jar

BTW, trekking left, Deal or No Deal seems truly inane.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I did it. but my db is having friday the 13th issues.. so who knows what will happen.

1:54 PM  
Blogger George said...

Anonymous 1:04--it's interesting you give Sona's real address and not its web address; I guess you want me to just go there and not dicker around. We've thought about it, but to be honest as my pick of Jar attests I sort of favor comfort foods to adventure foods, and waht they do at Sona always seems a bit too hankering for that cutting edge, at least from the reviews I've read.

Someday.

Trekking Left, I think we're in that place my teacher Carl Klaus used to talk about when he banned us from using the word art because he said, "It just means, 'I like it a whole bunch.'"

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cannot enjoy SONA by viewing their website.

You simply must savor their food and experience their atmosphere.

Their wine list is great too and Josh Klapper who works there makes some great Santa Barbara wines.

Then for true comfort food, go to the dessert bakery across the street called Boule located at 420 La Cienega

It is run by the Michelle Meyers who is one of the owners of SONA.

Here is the Boule web site http://www.boulela.com/

Here is the SONA web site http://www.sonarestaurant.com/

4:03 PM  
Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

Oh you rascal you, George!

I accept your tag. I'll have to think about the answers and respond.

:-)

Gotta go do "homework" now.

6:37 PM  
Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

Finished my "homework"

:-)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Tessitura said...

god I hope I never have to suffer this...



hahaha: http://tessiturawantstoknow.blogspot.com/

Ammo

WV:try 1)etrflsgp

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker