Thursday, February 01, 2007

Friday Random Ten

Habib Koite & Bamada "I Mada" Ma Ya
Graham Parker and the Rumour "Protection" (live) Squeezing Out Sparks & Live Sparks
Wake Ooloo "Get Caught Up" Stop the Ride
Yo La Tengo "Did I Tell You" President Yo La Tengo / New Wave Hot Dogs
They Might Be Giants "Spider" Dial-a-Song: 20 Years of They Might Be Giants
Bjork "I've Seen It All" Selmasongs
Freedy Johnston "The Lucky One" Can You Fly
X-Ray Spex "The Day the World Turned Day-Glo" Germfree Adolescents
Kathleen Edwards "Away" Back to Me
Miracle Legion "Academy Fight Song" A Matter of Degrees (soundtrack)

bonus
Yo La Tengo "Take Care" Summer Sun

That sure has a Hoboken flavor to it. But it's a flavor I like. BTW, has anyone seen the movie A Matter of Degrees? Does it even exist?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

sure has a Hoboken flavor to it.

Play this Random Ten at Maxwell's then.

And speaking of Jersey rockers, I saw Wake Aloo at some little joint down in the Village back in '96 or '97 I'd guess. I'm a huge Feelies fan, so there was no way I was missing this. The whole show was about Glen Mercer wailing away on his guitar, but they only did one Feelies song.

And it wasn't "Slipping (Into Something)" either. Decent show, but nothing memorable.

5:26 AM  
Blogger George said...

Actually, I'm a huge fan of Maxwell's, having spent many a NYE there when back visiting my family. And at those shows I've had the good fortune to see both the Feelies and Yung Wu, plus what was the last NYE before Maxwell's went on rock show hiatus, when Glen Mercer joined Yo La Tengo for an entire set. Amazing.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker