Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tony Tagger Says, "That's Eight!"

Ben Varkentine, fellow random Flickr-blogging conspirator, has tagged me with a meme (lesson: don't leave comments on other people's blogs). As with most, there are rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (You’re not the boss of me!)
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So that means it's time for 8 Fun Facts about George:

1) When in high school, one of the 20 or so times I saw Rocky Horror I went with two priests and my sister (no not a sister, although my eighth grade teacher in a Catholic school was named Mrs. Nunn).

2) I have been in a car with all of the following people: David Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, Andrei Codrescu. We started our own NPR station. (OK, it was actually 3 different rides.)

3) I never got any sort of blood test until I was almost 40 and not surprisingly I'm squeamish as hell.

4) In high school I completed two marathons and now can barely run around the block.

5) When growing up in the 1970s, a bunch of us in our neighborhood used to get together and make-up/play-act our own disaster films in our basements.

6) Following on that, I actually read Paul Gallico's novel The Poseidon Adventure before I saw the movie--and it was the first PG movie I ever saw. I think the book was dirtier. I don't know what my parents were thinking.

7) Many years later I got to drive around a 90+ year-old Ronald Neame, director of that 1972 film, for some appearances here in Santa Barbara.

8) Although no one has mistaken me for a celeb in many years, in the past I have been called both Hugh Grant and John Kennedy Jr, which I guess means someday I'll die in a plane crash while getting a blowjob from a hooker.

Top that, those I tag: Smitty, Drew, Patrick (if he finishes his Peak Oil opus and can deal with frivolous matters on the edge of the apocalypse), James, Amy, Ahab, Kusala, and Tessitura.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

You can do this to me once. Then...I bring the black helicopters.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Tessitura said...

Thanks George!

11:52 AM  
Blogger ahab said...

Thanks, George, for thinking of me with this meme. I'll have to ponder myself over the weekend and maybe get Mary's input.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Tessitura said...

took me long enough...but all done!


WV: vptnnn

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker